Want to know the top data science blogs to follow? Here are 50 of the top data science blogs and resources from data mining, statistics, machine learning to business intelligence and data visualisation.
Data mining blogs
1. Inside Big Data Inside Big Data is a news outlet that distils news, strategies, products and services in the world of Big Data Analytics for data scientist, IT and business professionals.
2. Revolutions Revolutions is a blog dedicated to news and information of interest to members of the R community.
3. IT Industry Today data mining news feed.
4. Natural language processing blog by Hal an associate professor in field of science.
5. MineThatData by Kevin Hillstrom. Helping CEOs Understand How Customers Interact With Advertising, Products, Brands, and Channels.
7. Data Science Notes By Levi Bowles An analytics, statistics, and data science professional.
8. Data Mining Blog By Sandro Saitta covers both research and applications in data mining including research issues, recent applications, important events and current trends.
9. Fast ML Machine Learning made easy
10. Machine Learning Theory By John Langford a machine learning researcher & the author of Vowpal Wabbit, a large scale ML tool used widely in the tech industry. His blog runs at the intersection of theory and practical application.
11. Stat Spotting – Interesting statistics every day. Statspotting is an experiment in tracking interesting statistics to try and digest the numbers that float around us every day, by comparing their relative scale and impact.
12. Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science by Andrew Gelman.
13. Simply Statistics Run by 3 biostatistics professors Jeff Leek, Roger Peng and Rafa Irizarry.
14. Data Analytics & R A Data analytics blog about Data Science, Data Mining, Text Mining, Machine Learning, Statistical Learning, Statistics, Analytics Modeling and Business Analytics.
15. Probably Overthinking It a blog by Allen Downey.
16. Win-Vector Blog a blog by John Mount and Nina Zumel
opinion pieces and technical writing on the subject of data science.
17. I’m a Bandit Random topics on optimization, probability, and statistics. By Sébastien Bubeck.
18. Publishable Stuff By Rasmus Bååth on statistics and statistical computing.
19. Count Bayesie A probability blog explore issues in Bayesian and Frequentist statistics as well as topics usually left for a rigorous study of probability.
20. The Etz-Files A blog about science, statistics, and psychology.
Machine Learning blogs
21. No free hunch by Kaggle.com
22. Math ∩ Programming By Jeremy Kun a mathematics and PhD student at the University of Illinois.
23. Daniel Lemire’s blog a computer science professor at the University of Quebec. His research is focused on data indexing techniques
24. Machined Learnings a blog by Paul Mineiro a Microsoft employee employed in the Cloud and Information Services Lab.
25. Geeking with Greg By Greg Linden.
26. Large Scale Machine Learning and Other Animals By Danny Bickson.
27. Machine Learning Blog
28. Tombone’s Computer Vision Blog By Tomasz Malisiewicz, deep learning, computer vision, and the algorithms that are shaping the future of Artificial Intelligence.
Business Intelligence blogs
29. The Numbers – The Wall Street Journal examines the way numbers are used, and abused.
30. Business analytics By Timo Elliot tracks innovation in analytics and social media, including topics such as big data, collaborative decision-making, and social analytics.
31. Perceptual Edge – Visual Business Intelligence Thoughts opinions and ideas on visual business intelligence By Stephen Few.
32. B Eye Network Global coverage of the business intelligence ecosystem.
33. Peter James Thomas Award-winning Business Intelligence and Cultural Transformation Expert. an extensive resource covering recommended best practice in the strongly related arenas of Business Intelligence and Cultural Transformation.
34. The smart Data Collective – The World’s Best Thinkers on Data. Provides enterprise leaders access to the latest trends in Business Intelligence and Data Management.
35. Decision Stats By Ajay Ohri.
36. Tibco blog by Tibco software TIBCO Software empowers executives, developers, and business users with Fast Data solutions
37. Toolbox Toolbox is a network of online communities enables anyone to access the collective knowledge of a worldwide audience of experienced professionals.
38. Logianalytics blog What’s new in the world of business intelligence, product tips and tricks, and everything in between.
39. Data Makes the World Go Round The big wide world of data and analytics by Fern Halper Research Director for Advanced Analytics at TDWI.
40. Looker Data matters for people who love data.
41. Information Aesthetics – Where form follows data. Inspired by Lev Manovich’s definition of information aesthetics, this blog explores the relationship between creative design and the field of information visualization.
42. Junk Charts Recycling chart junk as junk art. By Kaiser Fung, the Web’s first data visualization critic. Discusses what makes graphics work, and how to make them better.
43. Graphic Detail charts, maps and infographics via the Economist.
45. Eager Eyes Visualization and visual communication. By Robert Kosara views and insights on the world of information visualization and visual communication of data.
46. Visualising Data By Andy Kirk a UK-based freelance data visualisation specialist.
47. Story Telling With Data By Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic who shares what she’s learnt in the area of data visualisation turning data into pictures.
48. Randel S Olsen Data analytsis and visualisation by Randel Olsen.
49. Beautiful Data Musings on Big Data, Network Science and Information Visualization by Benedikt Koehler and Joerg Blumtritt.
50. Joy of Data Data viisualisation blog by Raffael Vogler.