5 January 2021
Working within Perfect Channel, a company that delivers marketplace technology to enterprise size customers for commodity, financial predominately B2B environments. It counts amongst its customers Christies, Global Dairy Trade, Leaseplan, Lloyd’s of London, and other worldwide-recognised brands. If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere, which favours pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well, then Perfect Channel could be the place for you. The science of marketplaces is at the heart of everything we do. Science requires data and marketplaces generate a lot of it - and this is where you come in. You will be responsible for collecting, processing, and managing our client's data, helping them to operate efficient digital markets.
- Contribute to building our second-generation Data Science and Analytics platform on AWS.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain ML models into Production.
- Influence Machine Learning strategy for program/project; explore design options to assess efficiency and impact, develop approaches to improve robustness and rigour.
- Partner with our DevOps and Solutions teams to define and secure the infrastructure for DS R&D and Production environments.
- Support our Marketplace Engineers to analyse client and prospective-client data.
- Possess solid hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, analysing, visualizing and modelling real data.
- Strong knowledge on data mining, machine learning, recommender systems, deep learning and optimization techniques.
- Technical proficiency in Python and machine learning frameworks (example sklearn, xgboost, tensorflow/pytorch,..)
- Comfortable using Apache Spark (primarily SparkSQL via PySpark), for writing well-tuned ETL jobs, as well as debugging those written by others.
- Experienced using NoSQL databases as well as relational databases.
- Comfortable working with cloud-hosted services.
Nice to Have
- Productionising containerised models (docker).
- Message brokers.
- Developing real-time based solutions.
- Streaming data processing.
Skills & Qualities
- Team player. Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn your hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside your area of direct expertise.
- Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments.
- An interest in expanding your horizons and learning new skills as well as caring about doing things well.
- Ability to work unaided but also as part of the team
- Ambition to grow
We pride ourselves on listening to all our employee’s needs, and we have developed our benefits package to reflect this.
We currently offer:
- Competitive Salary (Negotiable depending on experience)
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Your birthday day off
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
What is it like to work for Perfect Channel?
Perfect Channel have offices in London and Malaga and currently comprise a team of around 50 people, with plans to grow as a result of major projects in the pipeline. The new London office is tailored to the needs of our innovative teams, whilst on-going production teams are basking in the Spanish sun.
Learning and Development. Your career path does not have to be linear at Perfect Channel. We will support you on whatever journey you wish to take.
Agile Development. We are committed to agility and encourage continuous improvement in all aspects of our business.
Great people to work with and a fun place to work. You will work with smart people like you, who are progressive and open minded. We do things well, but do not take ourselves too seriously. Enjoy free snacks, a fridge full of drinks, pool table, team socials, axe-throwing, etc, etc. All the tech firm clichés!
Be part of something important. We are using marketplace design and technology to disrupt multibillion-pound industries, from commodities to logistics. Be part of it!
About Perfect Channel
Who are we?
Perfect Channel is a dynamic and well-established marketplace technology company with a record of delivering innovation and efficiencies across multiple industries.
Our focus is to create sustainable value in financial services, commodities and logistics businesses.
What do we do?
We are a pre-eminent digital marketplace partner for forward looking projects, designing and developing robust and secure transactional marketplaces and auction venues, augmented with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Our AI and ML capabilities are being used by clients with excellent results, delivering prediction algorithms, trading optimisation and price curve creation.
Application process and closing date
To apply, please submit a cv, with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and details of your current salary and remuneration package to
Closing date for applications: 5 February 2021