11 February 2021
Working within Perfect Channel, a company that delivers marketplace technology to enterprise size customers for commodity, financial, predominately B2B environments. It counts amongst its customers Christie’s, CarNext, Lloyd’s of London, and other worldwide-recognised brands.
If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere, which favours pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well, then Perfect Channel could be the place for you.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent communication skills and be able to build trusting relationships across internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for ensuring that priorities are understood, clearly communicated, delivered on time, and produce the desired results. Your skills will help shape the roadmap for our highest value customer account and you will be expected to provide data driven recommendations during a period of growth and transition for our client. Working closely with our client’s product managers and our delivery teams, you will be responsible for leading the teams to deliver outcome driven results.
We are a growing organisation, and we ask everyone to roll their sleeves up and get on with what needs doing, regardless of their role. However, in general, you will be:
- Distilling a product vision and/or business goals into epics, features and user stories that can be estimated and worked on by development teams
- Collaborating with development teams to further refine user stories and acceptance criteria, including identifying technical, unspoken, and non-functional requirements
- Gathering and generating insights to advocate data-driven recommendations.
- Signing off on working software and demonstrating it to internal & external clients and stakeholders.
- Providing business analysis support to the product owner, business sponsors, SMEs and testers
- Discovering the root cause(s) of pain points and turning problem areas into business opportunities for improvement & enhancement
- Use proven tools and techniques such as Impact Maps, Story Maps, user process flows, Kano and MoSCoW methods, to develop, document and prioritise Epic and Feature requirements
- Mapping, analysing, and validating information flows and user journeys within our platforms and software
- Facilitating workshops with a wide range of attendees at all levels of seniority
- Questioning everything, the delivery of business value, in line with business’ needs and “big picture” goals.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise across teams
We know that the role of Product Owner can differ across organisations, but we expect you to be able to articulate how you have done these things at previous organisations.
- You can demonstrate experience of working with agile engineering teams to successfully deliver software.
- Have excellent communication skills and are able to clearly articulate your ideas; from both a technical and a business point of view.
- Have a strong focus on high-quality customer experience with both the client and their customer.
- Can demonstrate outstanding analytical ability and demonstrable experience of solving complex problems and issues.
- Proven experience of the ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholders.
- Experience in driving continuous improvement and innovation within and across teams
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role with demonstrable experience in product or project management and business analysis
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Certified in Agile methodologies (CSPO)
- Experience with Digital eCommerce projects and luxury brands
Skills and behaviour
Some of the skills and behaviour we are keen to see in a candidate:
- We do not micro-manage, so you should be able to work well solo and in a team.
- Ambition to grow into a senior role and be able to use your drive, creativity, and initiative to move the team and organisation forward.
- Be curious and motivated.
- Have team-working as a priority and drive constant improvement on collaboration.
- Actively elicit and provide feedback to drive continual self-improvement in yourself and others.
- A master of workshops, whiteboards and post-it notes (physical and digital).
- Experience in coaching and implementation of agile principles
- Comfortable navigating both flat and hierarchal organisation structures; proactively building relationships to convince and influence as necessary
Reports to: Program Manager (Client Programs)
You will belong to the Product Management Team which includes Product Owners and Business Analysts and will be working directly with London and Malaga based development teams using the Scrum framework (2-week sprints).
We pride ourselves on listening to all our employee’s needs, and we have developed our benefits package to reflect this.
We currently offer:
- £60,000+ (Negotiable depending on experience)
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Your birthday day off
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- 4 x salary Life Assurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
What is it like to work for Perfect Channel?
Perfect Channel have offices in London and Malaga and currently comprise a team of around 60 people, with plans to grow as a result of major projects in the pipeline. The new London office is tailored to the needs of our innovative teams, whilst on-going production teams are basking in the Spanish sun.
Learning and Development. Your career path does not have to be linear at Perfect Channel. We will support you on whatever journey you wish to take.
Agile Development. We are committed to agility and encourage continuous improvement in all aspects of our business.
Great people to work with and a fun place to work*. You will work with smart people like you, who are progressive and open minded. We do things well, but do not take ourselves too seriously. Enjoy free snacks, a fridge full of drinks, pool table, team socials, axe-throwing, etc, etc. All the tech firm clichés!
*During COVID-19 we are working remotely (like everyone else!)
Be part of something important. We are using marketplace design and technology to disrupt multibillion-pound industries, from commodities to logistics. Be part of it!
About Perfect Channel
Who are we?
Perfect Channel is a dynamic and well-established marketplace technology company with a record of delivering innovation and efficiencies across multiple industries.
Our focus is to create sustainable value in financial services, commodities and logistics businesses.
What do we do?
We are a pre-eminent digital marketplace partner for forward looking projects, designing and developing robust and secure transactional marketplaces and auction venues, augmented with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Our AI and ML capabilities are being used by clients with excellent results, delivering prediction algorithms, trading optimisation and price curve creation.
To apply, please submit a cv, with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and details of your current salary and remuneration package to